Alaska Grown, Locally Produced
Website updated: 24 July 2021
email: [email protected]
Orsi Organic Produce is located north of Auke Bay near Juneau, Alaska. Our produce is grown locally for select markets using sustainable organic practices under the Certified Naturally Grown program. We do not employ the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, or use any genetically modified crop varieties.
Our farm promotes sustainable agricultural practices from soil to market!
• Soil inputs usually are locally collected or sourced as available
• Cover cropping, mulching, & crop rotations are done to add nitrogen & tilth to the soil
• Growing areas include ground/bed coverings to prevent soil erosion and nutrient runoff
• Single use plastics are avoided in packaging produce and in other farm use
• Crops are delivered in compostable BioBags, paper bags/shells, or placed directly in storefront bins
• Vegetative waste is typically composted on site or fed to our chickens
• Crops are grown/sold within a 15 mi radius of the farm: none are sold outside of Juneau
We are a Certified Naturally Grown farm producing naturally grown food for local markets. The CNG mission helps promote sustainable agriculture through peer-review certification, grassroots networking, and advocacy. Consumers may also view online CNG farmer information and declared growing practices.
To see the "Flavorful & productive crop variety list for Southeast Alaska" produced at the Farmer's Summit in Sitka on Feb 2019
Planned sale localities in 2021:
Salt and Soil Online Marketplace. Orders can be made
online from noon Friday to 8 pm Wednesday, and produce
can be picked up on Thursdays from 4:30 to 6:30 pm Panhandle Produce in Lemon Creek on the way to COSTCO, 5381 B Commercial Blvd
Weekly sales when produce is available.
SORRY....We will not be participating in the 2021 Juneau Food Festival.....Hope to be back in 2022!
- Garlic bulbs, garlic scape tips, and garlic powder,
- Rhubarb, Shallots, Onions, Leeks, Potatoes, Zucchinis, Kale
- Carrots, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Apples, & Raspberries (Jam too)
- FREE Garlic growing information (see below)
See the 2013 article in Southeast Living on “Local Family Grows Organic Produce”
For over 30 years Master Gardener Joe Orsi has grown crops from apples to zucchinis in Southeast Alaska. Joe has trialed various crops and tested different growing techniques, such as plastic thermal mulch, fleece row covers, cover crops, and foliar seaweed/fish sprays.
The Juneau Farmers market began in
2008, and continue as summer and fall monthly Farmers Markets & an annual Juneau Food Festival at the JAHC.
GARLIC stem cut identifications:
Russian Giant = 2 inch straight stem cut
Purple Glazer = 4 inch straight stem cut
Chesnok Red = 2 inch diagonal stem cut
PSKEM = 4 inch diagonal stem cut
See information on Garlic Growing here:
For 2015 SE Commercial Grower's Conference talk:
"My High Tunnel Odyssey" CLICK HERE